Power BI Developer
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
As a Power BI Developer on the Customer Success team, you will design, develop, and maintain BI solutions. You will create dashboards and run reports by converting raw data into meaningful insights and maintain and support data analytics platforms. You will advise technical teams and leadership on the integration of the systems and provide solutions for complex matters. Additional responsibilities include developing and executing database queries and conducting analyses, designing Power BI dashboards with functionality that are aesthetically pleasing based on our business requirements, and experience in designing/building, developing, testing and validating data.
- Work directly with the Chief Customer Officer and engage with members of the Customer Success team (Support, Services, Customer Success Management) to acquire necessary data and documentation for various projects.
- Maintain the Customer Success team’s Microsoft Power BI system.
- Create functional requirements, design delivery and maintain dashboards as well as tabular reporting in Power BI from variety of data sources.
- Automate recurring analyses
- Focus on KPI reporting for internal projects as well as developing data and analytics to meet business goals.
- Extensive experience with reporting using Power BI
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Design and develop ETL Processes that will transform a variety of raw data, flat files, xl spreadsheets into SQL Databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area preferred.
- 4 years’ + experience in a related position.
- Knowledge of statistical tools and business reporting.
- Ability to develop and test complex Power BI dashboards independently.
- Knowledge of industry use cases and implementing analytical metrics and KPI’s within Power BI solution.
- Solid foundation with Microsoft’s Power BI, including:
- Core understanding of Power Query and M-Code
- Experience utilizing live data from an enterprise data warehouse
- Ability to build efficient data models
- Demonstrated understanding of core Power BI features and capabilities, including:
- DAX functions
- Time Intelligence features
- Efficient measure writing
- Understanding of Master Data Management tools and Hierarchies/Reporting Structures.
- Understanding of large Business Performance Management Systems.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Strong Excel experience developed from analytically focused engagements (preferably accounting industry related)
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and manage multiple responsibilities and projects
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communication skills.