Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Performance)
Magnitude Software is looking for the best and brightest talent to join our software engineering team, working on our novel data management products.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A passion for high-quality software engineering and technology
- An interest in working on large-scale data challenges across different technologies
- Strong educational credentials
- Drive and ambition to achieve, thrive and succeed
Our engineers are both technically gifted and can work well with others to solve difficult problems. Technologies frequently change, and the successful candidate must have the ability to rapidly master new software languages and technologies. Our product suite is built using a diverse set of programming languages and technologies. More than just a great C# or Java coder, we are looking for someone with flexibility and the ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies. Ability to learn and move to different stack as the project demands is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 6to 9 years of experience in software development or testing of C# code
- Minimum 4-5 years in software performance testing
- Focus on performance.
- Expertise in any open-source Performance Testing tools such as Gatling, Jmeter, BlazeMeter, Work
- Create a list of performance requirements and design performance tests based on them
- Assume primary responsibility as Performance Testingsingle point of contact
- Execute Benchmark, load, stress, endurance and other non-functional tests. Monitor application logs to determine system behaviour.
- Analyse the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection and DB Parameters and DB Reports to verify the performance of the applications
- Identifying memory leakage, connection issues & Bottleneck problem in the application.
- Generate performance graphs, session reports.
- Setup continuous testing for performance environment, work with open source tools to install, monitor, maintain these systems.
- Communicate progress and issues through regular Status Reports.
- Collaborate with software development teams to improve system performance.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Experience with API automation testing and have utilized API clients to analyse service performance
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Knowledge of Test frameworks like nunit, junitis an added advantage
- Experience design methodologies like object-oriented analysis and design is a must. Knowledge of Design patterns is an added advantage.
- Experience developing in the Microsoft technology stack desirable
- Excellent understanding of testing, test methodologies and how test fits into Agile
- Excellent communication skills and strong teaming are a must
- Experience developing or testing distributed cloud applications is a plus
- Experience with (distributed) tracing is a plus