Magnitude’s transformative approach to unified application data management delivers vast operational efficiencies to business application data access, management, analytics, and reporting for the modern enterprise. Magnitude’s portfolio of products includes simplified application data access to any data source; data management solutions for the SAP and commerce verticals; simplified master data harmonization and governance; and packaged application analytics and reporting solutions for SAP and Oracle. The company helps thousands of business users simplify the management of their data and deliver on the substantial productivity gains these applications originally promised. For more information, please visit www.magnitude.com.
About the Role:
This hands-on role, which reports to the Chief Information Security Officer, requires a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards, and has excellent practical knowledge of cloud, network and application security. We are looking for a versatile, experienced information security professional who is looking to make a significant impact at a growing company.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to define, design and implement effective security controls and remediate vulnerabilities to improve our security posture and reduce risk to acceptable levels
- Conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities and determine deviations from acceptable security baselines
- Manage security technology processes and solutions, sometimes through 3rd parties, including endpoint protection, vulnerability management, and SIEM
- Review security events for context, appropriateness, and criticality and be an incident responder as needed
- Create security operations playbooks to ensure a consistent approach and response to current & emerging threats
- Assist with analysis and process improvement of identified security issues, taking initiative to create solutions
- Support and assist in compliance efforts by implementing and maintaining security controls and processes
- Help drive security awareness
- Stay current with industry trends
- Respond to emergencies after hours as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a security administrator, engineer, or analyst position in an enterprise environment with both on-prem and cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security or equivalent experience
- Technical and industry certifications or equivalent experience are preferred (CISA, CISSP, AWS Security, CEH, etc)
- Experience with application security, code repositories and CI/CD pipelines (continuous integration/continuous deployment)
- Experience with cloud security and infrastructure automation
- Exposure to varied operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Understanding of cybersecurity “best practices” including principles, security protocols and standards material such as OWASP Top 10 and CIS Critical Security Controls
- Experience deploying and operating standard security systems, such as vulnerability scanners, SIEM, EDR, etc
- Experience with scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience in writing run books, procedures, processes, policies.
- Proven track record and experience in executing information security related projects
- Excellent written/verbal communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands while working independently with minimal oversight
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.