Infrastructure Software Developer
Simba Technologies, a division of Magnitude Software, is the industry’s source for standards-based relational data connectivity solutions. Having co-developed the ODBC specification with Microsoft in 1992, Simba has become the de-facto standard technology stack for ISVs to use when building their drivers. Our reputation as a connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions, literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging database technologies such as Block Chain, Time Series, Graph and others as the market defines and embraces new technologies. Simba’s latest customers read like a who’s who of the Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL worlds including companies like Alteryx, Cloudera, DataStax, Google, Informatica, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, SAP and Teradata. Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers are the most widely used for connecting BI, reporting, analytics and machine learning tools to data sources like Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Hive, Impala, and MongoDB. Every major Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, and Microsoft, have independently chosen Simba’s ODBC drivers.
About the Role
We are looking for an Infrastructure Software Developer for the team in Vancouver that is focused on engineering, development and maintenance of systems, pipelines, tools and frameworks that other teams use to smoothly develop their applications. The infrastructure developer works with and enables application developers. The infrastructure developer writes the code to automate the creation or manipulation of the environment used in our company's development process.
In recent years infrastructure of software development has evolved tremendously, powered by virtualization and cloud computing trends. As part of our team, you will be taking active part in this transformation.
- Take part in design and implementation infrastructure automation systems, solutions, tools
- Work with the development team to build new features and ensure updates to systems are deployed with minimal disruption of system availability
- Explore infrastructure options available from Cloud providers to innovate the existing automation process
- Efficiently resolve customer support issues
- Participate in all team activities, including sprint planning, retrospectives, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, status reporting, etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a computing-related discipline
- Minimum two years of experience developing on Windows / Linux / MacOS
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with programming languages. Fluent in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java
- Reliable, driven and eager to learn
- Familiarity with operating in any of cloud provides: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with development in Docker
Candidates should have a valid work permit and reside within commutable distance to Vancouver.