Principal Product Manager
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyse their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.
With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management.
Product Overview: Every Angle
Every Angle (A Magnitude Company) is an international software company that empowers users of SAP-run organizations to know more and act faster in their operational responsibilities contributing to continuous business improvement. The software’s embedded, cross-functional intelligence transforms Supply Chain, Human Resource, GRC, and Finance data into actionable business insight. The plug-and-play solution works on any SAP system (ECC and HANA) and will remove the need for time-consuming and expensive BI design and development projects. Every Angle’s solution hides the complexity of SAP’s data structure and empowers business users to operate within a culture based on prevention rather than cure. The self-service analytics model allows users to identify and resolve key business issues before the customer even notices, and frees IT resources and funds to focus on more strategic initiatives., please visit www.magnitude.com; https://www.everyangle.com/. We demonstrate a commitment to innovation and excellence through: A client-driven focus, first and foremost, Pursuit of excellence, High performing individuals, Achievement, balance, and dedication Identifying future trends.
In their capacity as the Principal Product Manager for Angles for SAP, this individual would be responsible for product strategy at a time when Magnitude have released the first SaaS offering for this product and in the process of migrating the customer base and lowering the barrier to entry for new customer looking for market leading supply chain insights for their SAP implementation.
It is a very exciting time to be involved in ERP analytics and as the Principle Product Manager for Angles for SAP the successful candidate will be instrumental in setting the direction for Magnitude in the SAP market.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prioritize and drive the development of the Angles for SAP platform enhancements that maximizes the platform and dependent products success in the market
- Drive strategic alignment with senior leaders using data and insights. Analyze initiatives for ROI and opportunities to drive financial and operational excellence and growth
- Define long-term product strategy by proactively identifying emerging customer needs and work with customers to ensure they fully realize the potential of the products and that the products meet or exceed their expectations
- Research and document business requirements, create functional specifications, analyze and act on market and competitor information, and work with Sales and Marketing to define optimal market strategies
- Work with engineering managers to schedule engineering resources to execute on the Angles for SAP roadmap
- Work with the Magnitude engineering leaders to increase the knowledge and use of Cloud, AI and augmented business intelligence technologies in order to capitalize on the native cloud architecture.
- Gain strong understanding of market conditions, competition, and go-to-market channels, working with the Product Managers and others to refine product and solution goals.
- Work with Marketing team in the go-to-market planning and execution, and messaging and positioning.
- Participate in specific sales opportunities (customer demos, roadmap alignment meetings, marketing events etc.)
- Ability to manage ambiguity, build consensus toward solutions, and defend a chosen strategy to various stakeholders
- 12+years of Product Management experience in Cloud / SaaS Software development with 8+years of experience in a software company creating or deploying complex enterprise-ready products.
- Understanding of cloud architecture and fundamentals of defining scalable multi-tenant systems and microservices based architectures.
- Very good working knowledge of Cloud Requirements and how Magnitude can take advantage of Cloud providers to modernize and enhance the delivery of Cloud Native offerings
- Technically savvy and product experience in data management space, with deep understanding in technology and data architecture like data pond, data lake, cloud, APIs, and AI/ML is a plus.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional groups of people to accomplish product, solution, and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC and S4 Hana implementations is essential.
- Strong product understanding and market background; thorough understanding and familiarity with various BI tools.
- Experience working with distributed engineering and product team is a plus
- Excellent executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in agile technology organizations and who can demonstrate experience of successfully helping customers adopt cloud-based products Excellent executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Have experience building complex technical products.
- BA/BS in related field. Masters preferred
- Typically 20 - 30% travel (once travel restrictions are lifted)
- Clear leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication/cross functional skills
- High level of integrity
- Works independently
- Customer focused
- Able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Passionate about software product management and about doing it properly
- Adaptable to change
- Outgoing, competitive, highly-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Good problem solver
- Responds well to working in fast-moving and pressured environment.
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.