Simba Technologies, a division of Magnitude Software, is the industry’s source for standards-based relational data connectivity solutions. Having co-developed the ODBC specification with Microsoft in 1992, Simba has become the de-facto standard technology stack for ISVs to use when building their drivers. Our reputation as a connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions, literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day. This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging database technologies such as Block Chain, Time Series, Graph and others as the market defines and embraces new technologies. Simba’s latest customers read like a who’s who of the Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL worlds including companies like Alteryx, Cloudera, DataStax, Google, Informatica, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, SAP and Teradata. Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers are the most widely used for connecting BI, reporting, analytics and machine learning tools to data sources like Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Hive, Impala, and MongoDB. Every major Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, and Microsoft, have independently chosen Simba’s ODBC drivers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and technically skilled Solutions Engineer. The successful candidate will be the primary technical resource working with prospective and existing customers. Core duties include proposing, designing, and presenting technical solutions that address a partners’ technical & connectivity requirements. The Solutions Engineer is the focal point interfacing with Simba’s Sales Team, partners and prospects, and Simba’s Product Development and Support teams from a technical/engineering perspective of new business development.
This partner facing technical role will communicate with partners and prospects to understand specific requirements and help communicate how Simba’s products and services can deliver to the specific partner/prospect requirements. The Solutions Engineer will report to the Solutions Engineering Manager and will work with Sales Managers and Technical Account Managers to close business and ensure partner satisfaction. This is a great career opportunity for an individual interested in working at one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create great partner/prospect buying experiences with Simba products
- Advise and support partners/prospects developing solutions with Simba’s Connectivity SDKs
- Advise and support partners/prospecting integrating Simba’s drivers into their applications
- Support our partners and prospects to apply our products to real world business problems
- Assist partners in Design/Architecture of solutions that include Simba products
- Designing and developing prototype drivers for customers
- Work hands-on with partner engineering teams to develop, migrate, and optimize Big Data / Hadoop connectivity solutions.
- Leverage knowledge of your partners’ environments to assist support engineers and service teams in better serving your partners
- Previous experience as a Solutions/Sales Engineer or similar role, preference given to experience in Analytics, Database or Big Data / Hadoop
- Hands-on development experience an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required or equivalent work experience (C++/Java preferred)
- Be mobile and travel to client locations occasionally
- Fluent in English
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software design or development (C++/Java preferred)
- Cloud Computing or Big Data / Hadoop / HANA
- Scripting / Automation
- Database Architecture