Business Analyst - Manila
Join a creative, collaborative network of experts who have each other's backs during delivery challenges.
Magenic is a business technology consulting firm that unites the power of creative problem-solving with the limitless potential of technology. Every day, our exceptional business technologists create custom tech solutions that help Fortune 1000 companies grow, evolve and succeed.
A Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing, modifying and recommending business requirements applied to company databases and system applications. This role works closely with the technical team to communicate the business need, assist in the test of the solution, record and track technical issues, and implement any needed changes to requirement documentation. Business Analysts gather data on what business requirements should be included and must thoroughly understand their companies' businesses and the issues and challenges facing the industry and organization. In addition, Business Analysts must pinpoint ways the firm can leverage its strengths and improve its weaknesses through various business processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the requirement artifacts as needed including, but not limited to Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs and workflows.
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business related major (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with project management software such as MS Project, MS Excel, and Team Foundation Server.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.