Entry Level Java Engineer - Minneapolis
Entry Level Developer: Launch Your Dream Career
Discover all the support you need to succeed--along with the space you need to grow--under the same umbrella of professional training and development opportunities.
Magenic is a business technology consulting firm that unites the power of creative problem-solving with the limitless potential of technology. Every day, our exceptional business technologists create custom tech solutions that help Fortune 1000 companies grow, evolve and succeed.
As an Entry Level Developer at Magenic, you’ll encounter a broad variety of tools, platforms, and technologies. Dedicated guidance and leadership from top industry technologists will help you develop your confidence as a professional consultant as you hone your programming skills. Best of all, you’ll find a community here like no other: Magenic is where passionate, talented professionals like you find that they love what they do--and who they work with--so much that they spend time together collaborating outside of business hours, just for the fun of it.
- Knowledge of custom application development using one or more major platforms including, but not limited to: .NET (with C# or VB), Server-Side Java, Mobile, or Smart Client technologies (Angular, React, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile, or equivalent Software Development Lifecycle, along with one or more associated toolsets for process management (e.g. TFS, Git, Atlassian tools, etc.). Familiarity with Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, or Google) desired.
- Consulting skills reflecting team building, flexibility, communication skills and customer service
- A strong curiosity about our clients’ business needs coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge of both technology and consulting practices.
- Willingness to travel to support our offices throughout the country, with potential to relocate in future.
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Comprehensive medical/dental/etc. benefits
- Revenue sharing/401k
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Health club Reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Powerful laptop
- Annual holiday gifts (GoPro, Xbox, MSFT Surface)
- Continuous education & support: Free training/certifications, tech summit, user groups, code camps, tech lunch and learns, Magenic Masters, tuition reimbursement, books, conferences, Yammer, Mentorship/badge program, and more
- Plus extras like board game night, company-sponsored happy hours, Fragothons, Friday beer thirty, summer picnic, holiday party, soccer/softball leagues, Magenic In Motion fitness competition, and more