Careers @ MACLAREN
Founded 70 years ago as a British aviation company, Maclaren has been the leading parenting brand for 50 years and is the creator of the world’s first umbrella-fold baby buggy. At Maclaren we are more than just pioneers in the parenting industry.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience a rewarding and engaging one. We are committed to providing our people with development and growth opportunities. We maintain an environment of radical openness, which fosters independent thinking and innovation. We’re looking for individuals who have the confidence to learn on the job and develop new ideas. Our people take pride in their work with a “can do” culture. They have passion, enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and spirit.
What excites you? We want to hear. If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment and are keen to grow professionally and personally, reach out to us by applying.
NOTE ABOUT THIS POSITION
MACLAREN is moving its principal sales office to Lisbon. First round of recruitment for the sales related position involves 10 individual who are expected to be trained together in two groups of 5. The individual candidates will have the opportunity to select the designated markets to be served but they need to have local language proficiency as well as fluency in English. For example, a candidate for the French market must be a proficient French speaker.
The designated markets are:
- Eastern Europe
- Northern Europe
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- CPLP countries of Angola, Mozambique and Brazil
- Japan (Based in Japan)
- Hong Kong and China (Based in the PRC)
You will be based in Lisbon when not traveling to your selected markets. You will be asked to spend a number of days in Setubal every month with sales operations and fulfillment teams.
Your training will be in Setubal.
- This is a highly digital role. All account management, process and reporting must be operated through deployment of systems and digital platforms. Candidates must demonstrate technological acumen and an ability to quickly acclimate to new digital platforms.
- Under the overall management of the Brand Manager, the Account Executive is responsible for Account Management of designated accounts.
- Acting as the designated point of contact for the designated retailers
- Apply “Know Your Customer” principles
- Sales (Target-based on Revenue and Gross Margin)
- Sales Operations (Sales Order Processing, Sales Administration, Training (Sales and Product Training)
- Customer Service and After Sales (Retailers and Consumers)
- Trade Marketing
- Full and continuous deployment of Technology specifically the Trade Account Portal
- Provide market intelligence on competition, products and activities. Ensure the Maclaren Brand is promoted and its integrity maintained, with particular emphasis on POS environment, activities and service.
- Identify opportunities to develop business and increase sell-through.
Sales and Sales Reporting
- Achieving Sales Targets of designated A and B Accounts
- Tele-Sales with Group C Accounts
- Identify areas of opportunity (Sales Events :: Retail Initiatives) and concern (Product Performance :: Retailer Performance) and generate action plans to achieve revenue and margin targets
- End-to-End responsibility for Sales Order Processing, from Order Receipt to Fulfilment to Invoicing
- Accounts Receivables, Customer Credit, Returns, Charge-backs, and Credit Notes
- Ensure the finest financial stewardship of the designated accounts
- Retailer EDI function
- Operate and Service all accounts on the Trade Account Portal
Sales Forecasting and Inventory Reporting
- Regular Sales Forecasting pursuant to the Sales and Demand Planning system
- Reporting customer pipeline inventory levels and “sell-through” information by retailer
- Trade Marketing with emphasis on POS environment and activities
- Implement retailer marketing plans including POS and Merchandising, Product Training and Sales Training
- All Events, Demos, and Retailer Conclaves
- Ensure regular distribution of marketing materials and collateral
- Collaborate closely with the Social Media Team and Retailers to promote the Brand locally and for marketing opportunities with retail customers through their own social media channels
Customer Service and After-Sales
- Customer Service and After Sales for designated Retailers
- Service Centre Network Operations, including Spares Fulfilment and Repairs Reporting
Enthusiastic :: Energetic :: Organised :: “Can Do” Culture :: Positive Attitude
- 1 - 2+ years of relevant experience in brands, sales and marketing
- Willingness to learn and to apply
- Adeptness for technology and ability to work with ERP and CRM systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Languages: English plus local language proficiency required according to markets serviced. Additional languages preferred. Please submit CV in English.
50% of time is expected to be taken up by travel to designated markets