Communications and Public Relations Manager
Lurie, LLP is seeking a creative and high-energy Communications and Public Relations Manager. We are looking for a self-driven professional with exceptional writing skills and a proven track record of producing content that is engaging and informative for a variety of audiences and channels. They will be the firm’s go-to for internal and external communications, PR, and reputation expert, managing multiple projects simultaneously and ensure the content created is clear, relevant, accurate, and engaging. They will also have the ability to copy edit projects written by others, including case studies, emails, newsletters, and other collateral. This position requires the ability to understand cultural norms to write better material, be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. The role is an integral part of our Marketing Team and will report directly to the Marketing Director. This role will also support and collaborate with HR and firm leadership, as directed.
The Communications & PR Manager will engage with team members across the firm’s service lines and departments to fully understand the purpose of projects, capture stakeholders’ requirements and expectations to ensure content is customized to the right client or external audience personas. They are at ease interviewing subject matter experts and senior leaders to gain necessary information in order to capture voice, tone, technical and relevant information for content.
At Lurie, we are 100% cloud-based, allowing you the opportunity to work from home as needed. Our fun, flexible and innovative culture will allow you to learn and grow with opportunities to work personally with executives, partners, and our professional team. This new position at Lurie is a unique opportunity to build a PR framework, use your skills in a broad scope, and create a rewarding career.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Experience in developing, executing, and measuring integrated, multi-channel communication strategies in alignment with the firm’s overall marketing, business, priorities, and public relations goals.
- Quickly assess industry and firm situations and translate them into effective, engaging, and comprehensive communications.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to identify and engage in strategic speaking opportunities and events for the firm, service lines and industry groups, and leadership with the development of presentations and communications representing the speaker’s point of view.
- Support and enhance the Lurie’s reputation via public, news and social media channels, promote our services, expertise and capabilities through interaction with journalists, speaking engagements/sponsorships, awards ceremonies, industry associations, PR campaigns and social media outlets.
- Exceptional project management skills to manage the workload and develop new ways to elevate our PR effectiveness through self-driven new initiatives.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to write clear, relevant, accurate and engaging content that can be leveraged across multiple channels – both internally and externally.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing Team to assure alignment of verbal and visual messaging in collateral, presentations, video, podcast and other communications. This team role includes collaboration and turnaround of assigned tasks and projects, including but not limited to:
- Ghostwriting interviews for marketing content creation
- Award entries for the firm and firm staff
- Industry employer surveys
- Press releases
- New hire profiles and update existing employee profiles, including professional bios.
- Be the one of our firm’s social media champions, including working within the marketing team to develop social media campaigns, strategy and support by training and assisting employees with creating or updating their LinkedIn profiles.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Director and HR Team to assure alignment of culture, vision, and values messaging for the employer brand and employee experience.
- Event communications
- Internal communications
- Recognition, spot light, and other employee articles
- Leadership messages
- Policy and compliance related materials
- Demonstrate a clear ability to write content that drives actionable behaviors related to firm initiatives, policies and procedures and compliance-related matters.
- Coordinates with internal subject matter experts and internal team to gain additional insight for content and convert complex information to into easy-to-understand content.
- Builds relationships with partners, operations team, and employees to gain insights into the firm’s culture and understand various internal audiences.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in business, marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
- Mastery of language. Great spelling, punctuation and grammar. A natural ability to write succinctly and boil down complex ideas into simple explanations.
- Understands their audience and explains ideas in a way that will be appealing.
- Ability to work with templates, and create/improve templates, for consistency of communications.
- Ability to produce diverse communications (creative, informative, instructional).
- Ability to think critically to “read between the lines” and distill information from many voices
- Highly detail-oriented and able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met consistently within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience within a professional service environment, marketing agency or related business. Project management training and/or experience working with B2B or professional services clients.
- Public relations experience, a plus.
- Strong acumen with Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher).
- Have working knowledge or some experience with creative, web, social media management, and other popular marketing software or applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact / MailChimp, WordPress and SharePoint, and others – a plus.
- Experience with social media publishing tools, a plus.
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.