Transaction Advisory Services Business Valuation Associate
There’s public. There’s private. And then there’s LURIE.™
Lurie, LLP, an accounting, tax and consulting firm, is expanding its Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team.
At Lurie, we are 100% cloud based, allowing you the opportunity to work from home as needed. Our fun, flexible and innovative culture will allow you to learn and grow with opportunities to work personally with clients, partners and our professional team. This is a unique opportunity to build client relationships on all aspects of public accounting and create your career through learning and growth opportunities at our firm.
If you enjoy serving clients by providing financial due diligence, business valuation and other transaction related services, this position is for you. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic fast paced team, this position is for you. If you seek an opportunity to own your career and grow in the areas of business valuation and transaction advisory services, this position is for you.
- Possess a firm understanding of M&A process
- Prepare Quality of Earnings, detailed valuation and calculation of value reports
- Work collaboratively with client’s executive teams to assess a company’s quality of earnings, net assets and cash flow
- Perform in-depth industry, market, and competitor research and valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted approaches and theory
- Identify and analyze business and financial risks and opportunities
- Participate in client meetings, site visits, and interact with top-level management to obtain pertinent information for financial analysis
- Advise private equity buyers and sellers on alternative strategies for acquisition, disposition and restructuring of businesses
- Aggregate, manipulate, and analyze target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings, and working capital considerations
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field
- 1-2 years of related working experience desired
- Strong understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prior due diligence and M&A or valuation experience desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to travel for client engagements as necessary
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.