Sr/Lead Database Administrator
Sr/Lead Database Administrator
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
This is a senior level of functional and technical contribution in the Manufacturing IT Department. Support Lumileds’ growth ambitions by providing world class Manufacturing IT support on a global level. You will administer complex large databases for Lumileds. You need to interact with peers and our key users to understand their requirements. This position works within Lumileds Manufacturing IT department and is responsible for the administration, development and maintenance of SQL solutions in RDBMS including Oracle, MSSQL and MySQL.
What You Will Do:
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong quantitative and analytic skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Possess the ability to influence strategic direction and to develop tactical plans.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- T-SQL Programming.
- Experience working with large databases.
- Ensures that the databases are available and are tuned to proper specifications for optimal use.
- Recommends and provides business cases for optimization of infrastructure and design.
- Proactively reports on performance and monitors infrastructure.
- Monitors Application to evaluate warning and threshold points to avoid outages.
- Responsible for backups, recovery, testing and disaster recovery.
- Understand and implement data partitions and other active archiving solutions.
- Complies with environment, security, health and safety requirements.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- 5+ years of professional and hands on experiences in the administration and architecture of databases, in particular ORACLE and MSSQL, additional experiences in MySQL and other RDBMS are a plus.
- Expert knowledge in debugging and analyzing database problems, and good knowledge on performance optimization.
- Knowledge in SQL programming as well as Linux and windows.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide 24 x 7 support and ensure DB availability
- Knowledge of Materialize views and PL/SQL programming
- Good knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Knowledge in DB setup, upgrade and patching
- Take ownership of performance and capacity monitoring aspects of the DB.
- Execution of data migration jobs and scripts as required.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Computer Science/IT/MIS
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 5 - 7 years
- Matured personality with strong communication skills, able to communicate with all levels
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Development and integration of SQL database services in an enterprise environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition