Failure Analysis Engineer 3
Failure Analysis Engineer
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Failure Analysis Engineers always face new types of technical challenges. The challenge is to identify the root cause of electrical, chemical, structural, and thermal defects and failures. In order to successfully carry out various kinds of failure/defect analysis, failure analysis engineer needs to continuously study new technical areas and come up with the creative ideas to solve the technical issues which are most of time multidisciplinary. FA Engineer is a key member of product development and process development and works closely with product development team, process development team and manufacturing team. FA engineer’s contribution immediately and significantly impacts the quality and performance of company’s products.
What You Will Bring:
- Will analyze product failure to identify the root cause of the failure of new product and new process
- Will analyze yield reject to improve manufacturing yield
- Will characterize LED product chemically, electrically, optically, thermally and structurally
- Will develop 1) new characterization tool and 2) application of characterization tool
- Will work with functional team for product development and process development
Advanced FA Team at Lumileds is composed of highly technical and talented staffs with various backgrounds (Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, and Physics). The team is in charge of performing 1) Failure Analysis for new product/process development and 2) Defect Analysis for yield improvement.
Advanced FA Team will provide never-ending technical trainings and offer various kinds of interesting and technical challenges which help you technically grow quickly and eventually become a master of technical problem solving.
What We Are Looking For
Advanced FA Team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate technical staff who is willing to learn various technical areas, has out-of–box thinking and can bring creative ideas and solutions to technical challenges.
- What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- PhD in Material Science, Mechanical engineering, EE
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in semiconductor characterization techniques such as SEM, TEM, FIB, C-V, SIMS, I-V, EBIC, Photoluminescence, Electroluminescence, Cathodoluminescence etc
- Experience in material characterization techniques (TGA, DSC, DMA, TMA etc) is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in semiconductor material, device and process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition