Facilities Engineer / Project Manager
Facilities Engineer / Project Manager
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Performs in-house design and/or manages design-build efforts with external contractors or engineering consultants for tool installations and small to medium sized infrastructure.
- Holds design reviews with external design firms at various stages of the design and permitting process and identifies value engineering opportunities.
- Determines best means of execution for various projects including; design-build, or design-bid-build.
- Works closely with Automation, Environmental, and Safety Engineers on a variety of projects and activities.
- Tracks infrastructure capacity including N+1.
- Supports Operations & Maintenance team in troubleshooting and continuous improvement projects related to HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing.
- Provides budgetary estimates for prospective projects.
- Develops design scope and submits RFQ to design firms for a variety of facilities projects as listed below.
- Determines most cost effective method form of bidding for given project including; lump sum, GMP, or T&M NTE.
- Develops job scopes, bid documents, and holds contractor job walks to obtain competitive pricing for a variety of facilities projects including;
- Fab and building architectural, mechanical, electrical, and process piping (MEP) projects.
- Production and R&D tool installations
- Facilities infrastructure projects
- Manages selected contractor’s activities, ensuring adherence to safety standards, code compliance, workmanship, materials selection, adherence to site standard specifications, and quality.
- Reviews and responds to submittals and RFI’s.
- Develops high level project timelines, Gantt charts, etc. to track and insure timely execution of projects.
- Tracks budget and spending and inputs into database.
- Generates purchase requisitions.
- Performs project punch-list, closeout , as-built documentation, etc.
General Skills and Attributes:
- Solid background and experience in facilities engineering and facilities project/construction management in an industrial semiconductor environment.
- Detail oriented, with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, self-motivated individual with good time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications.
- Customer oriented.
- Problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a fast paced work environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with semiconductor fabrication facilities, semiconductor equipment installations, clean rooms, high purity gas systems, electrical infrastructure, and HVAC for semiconductor fabs.
- Knowledge of, or experience related to facilities engineering.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition