Senior Manager Risk & Control (f/m)
Position title: Senior Manager Risk & Control (f/m)
Work location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Your team: You will be part of the Global Accounting Operations, Reporting & Control (AORC) organization.
You will have a primary reporting line to the Global Head of Accounting & Internal Control based in the Lumileds Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
You will have a close working relationship with your AORC colleagues in Amsterdam, as well as the other regional Accounting experts, Technical Accounting, Internal Audit, Country/Business Controllers, Accounting Operations teams in Pabianice-Poland, Penang-Malaysia, and other Finance functions.
After Lumileds’ disentanglement from Royal Philips, the AORC organization has been evolving and adapting to meet the required standards for a standalone company in relation to Accounting compliance; consolidation and reporting; statutory regulations; external audit readiness; strengthening the internal control framework, amongst other areas.
One of the main objectives of the Global Accounting Operations, Reporting & Control (AORC) organization is to secure a high-quality standard in accounting and reporting within Lumileds, in compliance with IFRS.
In this role, you are expected to lead this journey by:
- Leading the Internal Control continuous improvement program across the Finance organizations thereby supporting management in running efficient and effective operations
- Identifying and providing solutions in mitigating risks by mapping business and financial processes, identifying and assessing their risks and setting the appropriate controls
- Ensuring internal controls and accounting policy adherence, standardization and harmonization
- Contributing to a streamlined accounting and reporting processes ensuring compliance to Internal Controls Standards (ICS), Lumileds accounting practice and IFRS
- Leading the redesign (and implementation) of the Internal Control framework
- Liaise with Internal Audit to identify areas of risk and improve the self-assessment process to improve controls and mitigate risks.
- Providing compliance guidance and support (training, maintaining internal controls instructions and guidance
- Report and document the IC Compliance process via self-assessment tool (eGRC)
- Coordinate a process to assess, cascade and discuss control deficiencies.
- Interact and work collaboratively with the regional Accounting Experts and country/business controllers to understand the business developments and identify related finance process and control areas for improvement.
- Develop training materials to coach teams and individuals in understanding and implementing their improvement challenges. Train the organizations to better understand the IC framework and improve the self-assessment cycle.
- Perform an “as-is” analysis of the Internal Control framework, identify gaps and lead the redesign of the new control environment.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly reports on the estate of IC by Business Unit and company overall.
- Assist during the IC inspections by Internal Audit and External Auditors.
- Enable a solid local Internal Control Framework as a basis for high quality reporting and compliance
We are looking for:
- To qualify, you are expected to have an academic background in accounting with relevant professional qualification. Registered Accountant / Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent is a plus. Certified Internal Auditor is a plus.
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in financial reporting and auditor role (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Experience with processes in an international, heavily matrixed environment.
- Experienced in project management, finance function analysis and business case development. Six Sigma experience and working knowledge of lean process improvement methods is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in internal controls and SOx compliance
- Experienced in managing sensitive information in business environment
- Ability to host/(co)develop training courses and to communicate complex matters in a simple manner.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- IT affinity necessary (SAP, MS Office and advanced Excel, Internal Control Software, SharePoint environment)
- Team player with ability to work under high pressure still meeting deadlines
- Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy and you are fluent in English
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
Employment type: Full-time permanent contract