Senior NPR Procurement Manager
Senior Manager Indirect Procurement (Non-Product Related)
Who We Are:
Lumileds is the leading global light engine company serving customers in automotive lighting, general illumination, and consumer market segments. Lumileds operates in over 30 countries and has approximately 7,000 employees, Lumileds is shaping the future of light with the most innovative technology in the illumination and automotive sectors, and helping our customers deliver differentiated solutions to the world. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, China and the Netherlands and sales offices throughout the world.
Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
We are looking for exceptional talent and passionate team player to join our NPR Procurement team based in Penang.
The NPR (Non Product Related) Procurement Manager is accountable for NPR sourcing and cost saving activities. In this role, you will ensure efficient and effective execution of NPR procurement activities to support business. You will explore, develop and also execute categories strategies. You will be actively involved in supply base, stakeholders and cross functional team engagement. You will deliver against individual and department annual targets while proactively updating management of projects and opportunities within scope of responsibility.
- Develop, formulate and drive global commodity strategies, delivering bottom line results in cost down, delivery, quality and business and technology alignment roadmap with Supplier for NPR materials, services and/or equipment.
- Support both the strategic objectives and targets of the NPR procurement organization.
- Manage supplier/supply risk within the scope of responsibilities.
- Work in accordance with the supplier management strategy set by the regional category managers and be the ambassador for supplier and contract compliance at the sites.
- Initiates, drives and coordinates overall cost and investment reduction, avoidance, value engineering programs.
- Maintain contracts and commitments in a timely manner
- Plan, optimize, develop & monitor corporate travel policy and travel related issues.
- Take an active role Actively manage stakeholders.
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned to support business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in relevant study.
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience (Supplier Management) in Semiconductor/ Electronic industry.
- Working knowledge on Planning/ERP systems like Oracle, SAP & etc is an advantage.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with high level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, industry and suppliers with strong supplier sourcing and knowledge
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve critical issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally at all levels
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task/work under pressure in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
- Knowledge of travel management processes.
Skills & Competencies
- Good negotiating skills and ability engage and motivate people
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Experience of change management and processes
- Good organizing skills and ability to prioritize between tasks
- Capability to build strong relationship internally and externally
- Highly effective in stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Analytical mind set and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate a concise and efficient manner.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer