PMTS - automotive LED solutions
Integral Project Lead Front Lighting
Farmington Hills, MI or San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
The IPL is accountable and empowered for delivering the Auto LED projects according to business case. End-to-end IPL accountability means:
- Responsible for developing LEDs for Front Lighting Automotive Applications
- Assuming 100% project leadership across functions and technologies
- Accountable for project schedules (incl. technical)
- Committing to and delivering the business case, incl. project budget management
- Communicating with project team, functional leaders and senior management
- Accountable for full alignment with Ops on industrialization
- Ensuring all BCP Automotive aspects, e.g. APQP, are adhered to and stage gates passed*
- Managing risks, with mitigation in IPR (Auto LED BU Head accountable)
- Escalating issues early for Auto LED IPR to mitigate and minimize business impact
- The IPL gives project team members** directions on what, when and why, the how is aligned with functional managers
- Work closely with Technology Building Block leaders, in developing the product
- Responsible for running engineering experiments for product characterization
- Responsible for resolving reliability or yield issues related to the product
- Responsible for transferring the product to manufacturing at the end of development
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
• Strong hands-on working knowledge in assembly and packaging of semiconductor devices
• Strong knowledge in surface mount technology
• Possesses strong team building and technical expertise to develop collaborative solutions.
• Proven team leadership and people development skills are highly desirable.
• Requires excellent communication skills (presentation, written, verbal) of both technical and non-technical issues
• Capable of influencing internal decision makers to make decisions aligned with strategies and objectives benefiting the entire organization.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
• Graduate or Post-graduate degree in Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science/Chemical Engineering is required with more than 10 yrs of industry related research experience.
• Prior experience in semiconductor surface mount technology based assembly & packaging is required.
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 10+ years
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition