Manufacturing Design Engineer
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: Full-Time
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
Flexible and creative thinker, with the ability to quickly assess ideas and designs from conception to production.
Passionate about achieving the best possible results, on both macro and micro levels.
Seeking a design engineer with an emphasis and experience in manufacturing.
This position requires the ability to co-develop with multiple external design and manufacturing teams, as well as internal design and manufacturing teams to optimize designs for mass production, and overall package size and performance.
What You Will Do:
- Design and manufacture L2 components and assemblies from NPI to Mass Production
- Individually contribute to a worldwide cross functional team
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Design and Manufacturing knowledge and experience
- CAD and GD&T
- Statistical Analysis
- Self-driven and motivated worker
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or Equivalent Design and Manufacturing Experience
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 0 years
Licenses / Certifications
- CAD Proficiency(SW or NX)
- Technical Presentations and Summaries
- Six Sigma
- Optics and/or Assembly Experience a plus
- Willing and able to travel 1-2 times a year
- Willing to train the right applicant.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition