Engineer - MOCVD Process
Senior EPI Engineer - MOCVD Process
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
What You Will Do:
- Operate MOCVD equipment to enable high performance LEDs epitaxy growth.
- Process monitoring of growth and characterization via SPC and OCAPs.
- Daily coordination with equipment, operations and quality team to deliver to tool metrics.
- Analyze equipment, characterization and test data from DOEs and production to improve tools matching and yields.
- Drive systematic analysis to identify yield anomalies and lead improvement programs.
- Work closely with R&D teams to transfer new processes to Manufacturing.
- Coordinate with worldwide team to resolve issues and deliver yield and performance of LEDs
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Masters or BS in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Material Science with experience in III-V or thin film deposition. Ideally, PhD.
- MOCVD growth or PECVD or Dry Etching in Wafer fab
- JMP & SQL
- >3 years experience as process or yields engineer
- MOCVD, InGaN or AlInGaP Materials, Worked with manufacturing of LEDs or Lasers, Six Sigma or Expert in JMP statistics
- Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Material Science with experience in III-V or thin film deposition.
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 3 - 5 years
- Understanding of semiconductors materials science - LEDs or laser physics.
- Knowledge of DoEs, SPC, FMEAs and Statistics Analysis.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to support 24/7 manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Aixtron or Veeco MOCVD processes and reactors
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition