Product Dev. Technician
Product Dev. Technician
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
What You Will Bring:
1. Understand the basic principles, optical and electrical characteristics, and electro-optical measurement of LED products.
2. Create LED prototypes samples following design directions and specification.
3. Build development or customized LED samples following instructions or processes.
4. Conduct electrical and optical measurements on LED products using specific test equipment and software.
5. Collection, organize, analyze, and report test data.
6. Familiar with typical laboratory equipment and work procedures, especially working with chemicals, such as silicone, phosphors, inorganic and organic solvents, etc.
7. Develops new fabrication process and new test methods for LED products.
8. Support multiple development groups for development of different types of LED products.
9. Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Computer skills for communication and operation of test equipment.
1. BS or higher degree in science or engineering.
2. >3 years experience with hands-on skills in semiconductor or electronics industry, preferably in LED or solid state lighting industry.
3. Capable of multi-tasking and work with multiple product research and development teams.
4. Fluent communication.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition