Staff/Senior Atomic Layer Deposition Development Engineer (ALD)
Staff/Senior Atomic Layer Deposition Development Engineer
Lumileds is the global leader in light engine technology. The company develops, manufactures and distributes groundbreaking LEDs and automotive lighting products that shatter the status quo and help customers gain and maintain a competitive edge. With a rich history of industry “firsts,” Lumileds is uniquely positioned to deliver lighting advancements well into the future by maintaining an unwavering focus on quality, innovation and reliability.
Here in Singapore we produce high power LED’s for Lumileds. At our state of the art industrial site in Yishun, we have approx. produce more than a billion LED’s per year.
The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent, and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic team player to strengthen our Engineering team in Singapore. A position as Staff/Senior Thin Film/ALD Process Development Engineer has opened up in our team of engineering professionals situated here in Singapore.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Process development owner for Thin Film/Atomic Layer Deposition Development Engineer
Your job responsibilities will also include the following:
- Develop ALD processes of various materials for the use as functional/passivation layers in LED device.
- Optimize ALD process parameters and understand the effect of ALD process parameters on the properties of the materials.
- Drive improvements in ALD systems and process workflows to enable reliable and efficient deposition of various materials.
- Development of PECVD processes of SiOx, SiNx and SiOxNy for the use of dielectric/passivation layers.
- Connect process conditions, physical characterization, and electrical response towards understanding of mechanisms.
- Performing process optimization, materials/thin films microstructure, electrical, optical and characterizations, planning and executing Design of Experiment (DOEs), and conducting data analysis.
- Establishing good process margins and inline controls including setting up SPC control chart as well as maintenance of Cp/Cpk performance.
- Perform routine reporting of project status as well as creating & updating of process documentations, i.e FMEA, Operating Instructions, Process Characterization Report, Control Plan, etc
- Resolving reliability or yield issues related to Thin Film and annealing processes and lead trouble-shooting of defect and yield issues and process excursions associated with the new process/tools.
- Post-graduate or Ph.D in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Materials Science / Materials Engineering / Physics / Science /Chemical Engineering or equivalent is required with more than 5 years of industry related research experience
- Experience with atomic layer deposition (ALD) process development, semiconductor materials design, physical and electrical characterization
- Experience with precursor selection or design for ALD processing for both oxide, nitride, and metal ALD deposition
- Good knowledge of various materials/thin films characterizations techniques, including microstructure, electrical, optical characterizations.
- Expert understanding of thin film metallurgy and deposition processes and equipment
- Experience leading and coordinating project work in a team environment
- Experience creating, documenting, maintaining and approving work instructions
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with high commitment to work quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide robust solutions based on solid technical background