Staff Process Development Engineer
Staff Development Engineer
Weekly Hours: 40hrs
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
We are looking for someone who has expertise in silicone dispensing or semiconductor-relevant encapsulation technologies. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Packaging BB - MOL (middle-of-line).
Lumileds is seeking a highly-qualified Engineer to take responsibility for process development related to MOL assembly process flow. In this role, you will be a key contributor to our MOL process technology roadmap by introducing new packaging solutions and establishing the process readiness / robustness to meet new product line-up or new package requirements within a given time frame.
What You Will Do:
- Support R&D product and technology roadmap from early concept/prototyping, through design & development to product release (MPR).
- Responsible for developing, troubleshooting and releasing of new process or technology as per the project timeline and specifications.
- Define, contribute, plan and execute programs in accordance to BB packaging roadmap.
- Buyoff and establish new process capability, material qualification, equipment or conversion kits in the field of expertise.
- Support project leads and cross-functional team members throughout project lifecycle across multiple time zones in ensuring project goals are met.
- Complies with environment, security, health and safety requirements.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with minimum seven years of engineering experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment, preferably in LED industry.
- Strong hands-on experience and ability to explore and buyoff the new dispensing equipment, material and process during development phase independently.
- Good knowledge in DOE, DRBFM, FMEA, Control Plan, and Statistical Analysis.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead or work with cross-functional teams. Demonstrated good presentation skills.
- Strong technical background of LED / semiconductor manufacturing process and equipment technology.
- Be a recognized expert in at least one field of process or technology.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Any related engineering fields (Material/Chemical/Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics/Mechanical) or Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ Material).
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 7 - 9 years
Licenses / Certifications
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer