Senior Manager, Operations Engineering, ABU (front lighting)
Senior Engineer, Operations Engineering – Front Lighting
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
- Handle all technical aspects of front lighting ABU projects; must lead and coordinate all NPI/NTI related activities between internal teams in San Jose/Penang/Aachen, suppliers, design team and customer. Support Product Lead Operations on all technical aspects of the ABU (front lighting) projects.
- Lead responsibility for DFx and risk assessment and management for production line’s readiness.
- Project management including action item follow ups review, maintain existing (xx days) turnaround time for engineering cycle time; facilitate/assist all customer visits.
- Co-develop timeline/industrialization plan for technology/product release, data review with R&D/Ops combined teams; actively lead and participate in aspects of readiness for Mass Production.
- Provide high quality technical support to all customer & internal queries on time.
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing related experience. Must have solid understanding of DFM, FMEA, and MFA.
- Experience with Pro-E software, hydraulics & pneumatics and geometric dimensioning & tolerance.
- Experience with/know the use computer-aid design (CAD) software to develop 2D and 3D designs of assembly lines or machinery.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following – operations, quality or audit functions, rapid proto-typing supplier/sub-con management, project management.
- Highly organized and efficient in developing and reporting project critical elements (i.e. open issues, project timing plans, budget variances, etc.) to management, internal teams and customer.
- Need to travel to worksites or manufacturing facilities to observe firsthand the need for a new tool or how a tool designed is working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity of leading joint development activities and connecting them with internal direction.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering technology or related Engineering field.
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 5 - 7 years
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition