Product Development LED Characterization Engineer
Product Development Characterization Engineer
San Jose, USA
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
The Product Development Characterization Engineer will participate in LED product development teams where he/she will provide data and data analysis feedback to the team.
What You Will Do:
- Be in the LED product development teams where he/she will work closely with project technical lead and subject matter experts.
- This role will be to provide data and data analysis feedback to the team.
- Work closely with test development team and is responsible for understanding of meaning and limitations test data he/she needs to evaluate.
- Participate in experiments planning and will be responsible for data gathering and analysis in support of product development in accordance with product creation process milestone releases for LED products.
- Responsible for characterization and support for datasheet creation.
What You Will Bring (Required Qualifications):
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate clearly with the Management team, Engineering and Project team he/she is involved with.
- Experienced and hands on knowledge with structured improvement techniques and associated tools - Statistical Engineering, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified, Minitab and/or JMP, Design Expert, DOE, 7QC, SPST (Structured Problem Solving Tools), FMEA, DRBFM and others.
- Passion for Work – possesses positive and open work attitude, willing to stretch to meet Business Goals. Ever willing to coach and guide Senior/Lead Product Characterization Engineers.
- Having 5 to 7 years of in-depth (direct or indirect) experience in high power optoelectronic device (LED) Product Characterization, Process Characterization and/or Failure Analysis.
- Combination of experience in any of the 2-3 functions; Product, Process, Test, Failure Analysis and NPI engineering.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Engineering or Applied Science
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 10+ years
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer