L2 Production Manager
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
We are looking for someone with good leadership skills in handling people .
What You Will Do:
- Provide leadership to a team of Supervisors to meet Lumileds Malaysia goals.
- Recommend training and development programs to drive continuous improvement activities.
- Coach and mentor production supervisor.
- Function as a PLM incase of PLM's absence.
- Retain key people within the organization and be aware of internal and external threats.
- Lead Plant wide improvement projects.
- Set up recognition and motivation programs for DL to drive production performance
- To recruit, train and appraise performance and give constructive feedback on performance.
- Coordinate activities and drive synergy within the various functions in Lumileds Malaysia.
- Interface well with contract services.
- Fully understand and take action on equipment and manpower capacity planning to meet STP & MTP requirements.
- Design and manage material flows to meet inventory control, CT and build plans.
- Work with the planning teams to ensure weekly build plans are level loaded and within equipment and manpower capacity.
- Implement just-in-time production supplies management systems.
- Set up production systems that enable the use of self-managed work groups or work cells.
- Drive productivity improvements by eliminating non value added activities, waste elimination and integration.
- Ensure compliance to all Control plans and Operating procedures and escalate non conforming product.
- Ensure 5S, work place management and housekeeping standards
- Ensure all machines and processes run to Lumileds Malaysia operating specifications across shifts
- Set up 'early warning' production detection systems to trigger out-of-conformance products.
- Set up teams to drive for continuous improvement for production related yield and quality issues.
- Ensure all machines and processes operate within safety and ergonomics compliance requirement.
- Highlight equipment issues that affect safety, quality, yield and capacity.
- To be familiar and continuously improve technical knowledge in LED manufacturing.
- Must have good understanding of PSCS policies & procedures and requirements.
- Works closely with the Company’s PSCS Officer in the effective coordination & implementation of PSCS programs and activities.
- Ensures his/her subordinate/s is/are trained on PSCS policies & procedures and observe these procedures while discharging his/her/their duties.
- Complies with environment, security, health and safety requirements.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree in Physics/Electronics/Electrical/ Engineering
- 7 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing
- Strong knowledge on production area with good leadership skills
- SMT knowledge is a surplus
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 7 - 9 years
Licenses / Certifications
- Click or tap here to enter text.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition