Senior Sales Development Engineer
Senior Sales Development Specialist
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
We are looking for someone who has analytical capability to qualify business opportunities, effectively communicate competitive data analyses with sales managers and product managers, and to generate quotations and reports as necessary on behalf of both direct and channel accounts. This person should have ability to communicate cross-functionally to put together commercial and technical spec proposals
Lumileds is seeking a highly-qualified personnel to take responsibility for the Asia-Pacific Sales Development Specialist is an integral part of the Sales Development team within Lumileds’ Sales and Marketing organization. The Sales Development team is primarily located in San Jose, CA, and is responsible for managing new business opportunities on a global basis.
In this role, you will provide support to the Lumileds San Jose or local Sales Development Manager, AP Sales team and distributors located in the Asia-Pacific time zone.
What You Will Do:
- Generate quotations for various market segments and regions.
- Produce regular activity weekly reports and summaries.
- Qualify new business opportunity. Quotation renewal.
- Develop competitive analyses for specific opportunities
- Coordinate custom specification support for WW team.
- Manage price enquiry & proposal activity.
- Experience to deal with customer whether direct or indirect.
- Must be able to hold staunch character on day to day negotiation.
What You Will Bring (Required Qualifications):
- Ability to understand LED/ Electronics specifications and datasheets
- Excellent verbal/written skills + numerical/computational skills. Buy sale margin.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Experience with SAP & Salesforce.com knowledge a plus.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Business, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 5 - 7 years
Licenses / Certifications
- Sales Operations/Sales Support/Inside Sales in Semiconductor industry
- Experience in Pricing Analysis / Sales / Sales customer support is preferred
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer