Bayan Lepas, Penang
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
We are looking for someone who has strong ambitious in growing together with Company in instituting the best commodity management practices. He/she shall have the commodity management knowledge in managing supplier relationship, supplier cost negotiation, contract management, capacity planning, sourcing strategy development and execution.
Lumileds is seeking a highly-qualified procurement profession to take responsibility for Commodity Management for Electronics components, PCB, Mechanical parts and sub-contractors. In this role, you will be Worldwide commodity manager in developing and executing the commodity strategies to support the business requirement for various business unit. Also to manage New Program Introduction (NPI) and interface with customer in fulfilling customer inquiries timely.
What You Will Do:
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Commodity Strategy Development
- Develop and deploy commodity strategies including risk assessment
- Drive the supply market analysis and technology scouting
- Relationship management of strategic suppliers.
- Executing agreement, capacity plan and continuous improvement to ensure product quality,
delivery and service level.
- Spend Management
- Define key cost drivers and deploy pricing principles and savings targets
- Manage the global negotiation process and deliverables
- Report on team performance (projects, negotiation, financial results)
- Manage the saving projects (TCO / Strategic cost management)
- Manage supplier contracting process
- Ensure the contents of the master data is consistent and accurate
- Supply Base Management & Development
- Define approved supplier lists and differentiated supplier relationships
- Manage right sizing of the supplier base and market diversity
- Ensure implementation of the commodity strategy in: supplier selection, Design for X, Single/second sourcing, product life cycle pricing and Early Supplier Involvement.
- Improve supplier performance of key suppliers and mitigate supply risk via risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Program Management
- Align with product development and program team on new project bidding and implementation.
- Collaborate with cross functional Commodity Manager to meet program cost target
- Supply Quality & Sustainability
- Ensure compliance to supplier release/approval process and sustainability guidelines
- Manage the deliverables of the supplier development process for selected key suppliers with a performance gap.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Minimum 8 years of related working experience (Supplier Management) in Semiconductor/Electronic Industry/Contract Manufacturing, etc & Automotive Industry.
- Working knowledge on Planning/ERP systems like Oracle, SAP and etc.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking with high level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, industry and suppliers with strong supplier sourcing and knowledge.
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement while working independently to resolve critical issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally at all levels.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task/work under pressure in a high energy and fast-paced environment with critical and tight schedules.
Education (Minimum Level)
Field of Study
- Engineering/Manufacturing or relevant study
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 8-10 years related working experience
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition