Senior Platform Engineer
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
Senior Platform Engineer
Responsible for providing product information to manufacturing and marketing such as Cost, Yields, Quality, BOM,, ,PPAP, customer request (CLXR) in order to support delivery of products. Supports product introduction and process engineering by formulating and ensuring alignment of FMEA, Control Plan and SPC. Drives product improvement and solutions to problems by providing analysis and recommendation ( LYTs level and material NCPs) related opportunities and issues that are product related .
What You Will Do:
- Lead in the evaluation of changes in product flow, routes, test specs, new material or parts, geared toward improving Product cost, yields and quality.
- Analyze, monitors and publish regular report about product cost performance and opportunity, recommends actions to marketing, supply chain management and manufacturing in order to reduce unit cost.
- Supports Customer Request for product modifications, and special or new performance requirements.
- Translate DFMEA to PFMEA, to support new product introduction, monitor and integrate these documents with process specification and line operating instruction used in the production line.
- Co-lead in the analysis of product problems caused by material quality, process excursion. Support process improvement/problem and customer return analysis. Support all cost reduction and integral yield improvements projects.
- Active participation in NPI Team for all new products and help bridging Product Development Team with Manufacturing team before releasing new product by meeting both Yield and Cost goal for respective new product.
- Safety and Environment. Conform and lead by example.
- Complies with environment, security, health and safety requirements.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- Problem solving tools (7 QC tools, 8D).
- Functional / working knowledge of product or process, or test engineering.
- Knowledge of FMEA, SPC, Control Plan, PPAP.
- Knowledge on structured improvement approach ( Statistical techniques as SE, DOE, Six Sigma etc)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Organization, planning, and communication skills.
Education (Minimum Level)
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and Applied Sciences
Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 6 to 7 years
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer