Manufacturing Development Engineer, Wafer Fab Process
Manufacturing Development Engineer,
Wafer Fab Process Engineering
San Jose, CA
Weekly Hours: 40
Who We Are:
Companies developing automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination lighting applications need a partner who can collaborate with them to push the boundaries of light. With over 100 years of inventions and industry firsts, Lumileds is a global lighting solutions company that helps customers around the world deliver differentiated solutions to gain and maintain a competitive edge. As the inventor of Xenon technology, a pioneer in halogen lighting and the leader in high performance LEDs, Lumileds builds innovation, quality and reliability into its technology, products and every customer engagement. Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, Lumileds has approximately 9,000 team members supporting operations worldwide. The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy manufacturing environment. You’ll need to be a self-starter that can attack technical projects using a broad array of process, materials, device physics and characterization skills, make decisions using a data-driven approach, and work with cross-site, cross-functional groups.
Lumileds is currently seeking a Manufacturing Development Engineer for their Manufacturing Wafer Fab Process Group in San Jose, CA. The Engineer will help sustain existing manufacturing processes on production tools and work on yield and quality improvement projects. This is an ideal role for an engineer who is looking for their employer to provide them the tools, encouragements and challenges to continue their technical and interpersonal growth. You will be given the opportunity to partner with cross-functional teams and advance your technical skillset. You will be looked at to provide technical expertise in support of implementing creative engineering solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Guide the manufacturing releases of new Wafer Fab processes from the post-Development qualification stage to high volume manufacturing.
- Develop leading indicators for the new process in order to improve yield and quality, as well as identifying and solving problems that emerge as the process is introduced to manufacturing.
- Lead and interact with a team of other Engineers and Technicians, in a fast paced highly interactive environment.
What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):
- BS/MS or equivalent technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or relevant fields with knowledge of semiconductor materials and Wafer Fab processes, an advantage.
- Ideally, minimum of 2-5 years of Semiconductor Wafer Fab processing experience.
- FMEA approach and root cause determination.
- Ability to lead projects by working with a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Wet and/or Dry Etch processes, Stepper Lithographic tools, Coat and Develop tracks, and Sputters, ideally high volume tools, a plus.
- Statistical analysis experience ideal, with background in SPC.
- MS or equivalent technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or relevant fields with knowledge of compound semiconductor materials and Wafer Fab processes, an advantage.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Lumileds Talent Acquisition