Vfx Technical Project Manager (StageCraft) - Fixed term contract
The Technical Project Manager will provide project management for the build out of Lucasfilm’s upcoming virtual production spaces and physical production technical deployments. This project will include managing the ordering of equipment, external vendors, rigging, systems design and integration; all within a physical soundstage space. Partnering closely with all Technical managers and the systems architect, s/he will establish overall project plans and schedules and will provide consistent reporting to all groups regarding the status of tasks against those plans, ensuring successful completion of the projects on time and on budget through resource planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
- Partners with Technical Managers and system architect, to set schedule, allocate resources, and track project from design through to implementation.
- Manages project deliverables, milestones.
- Provides written and verbal project status reporting. Establishes and maintains the project plan, holds regularly scheduled status meetings. Maintains, updates, and publishes an ongoing issues list.
- Ensures completion of project through resource planning, coordination, troubleshooting and removal of any obstacles preventing project success.
- Ensures documentation is maintained on all systems.
- Forecasts and subsequently manages ongoing project budgets.
- Sets optimistic and enthusiastic tone; promoting communication and teamwork.
- Ensures that services are smoothly transitioned over to the operations team, including final documentation / training.
Education / Experience
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably technical project management experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills / Competencies
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to work effectively with all level of management, including peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Proven ability to ensure completion of objectives and assignments.
- Strong leadership skills. Experience with financial forecasting, and budget reconciliation
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently, work with diverse personalities, and work within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve in a high-paced creative environment which requires constraint, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Exceptional team player, able to collaborate closely across multiple departments and business units with all individuals while demonstrating skills in diplomacy, flexibility, and patience.
- Experience in Film/Entertainment/Games production environment is a plus.
- Has a solid understanding of typical infrastructure technologies such as computers, storage, networking and video routing technologies.
- Has exposure to working on live action movie / TV sets and working with production companies / studio facilities teams a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.