Motion Capture Technician
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Motion Capture Technician who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Motion Capture Technician will sets up, shoot, process and manage motion capture data ensuring quality guidelines and time frames are met.
What You'll Do
- Aids in set-up and operation of equipment for motion capture recording sessions, consisting of optical technologies as well as the operation of video and audio equipment.
- Processes motion capture data (labeling, cleaning, editing, etc.) during recording sessions and provides subsequent management of data for use in feature and commercial production.
- Ensures quality of data delivered to production adheres to established guidelines.
- Provides motion capture supervisor and production with reasonable estimates of time and complexity for given tasks of data processing and management.
- Takes accountability in working with productions to ensure that deadlines are met according to approved priorities.
- Stays current with advances in both vendor and ILM proprietary motion capture editing and processing software.
- Documents software/hardware bugs and identifies important features needed to improve the flow and advance the capabilities of the motion capture pipeline.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Two years related work experience in film production or motion capture.
- Proficiency in managing large volumes of data in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Familiarity with optical motion capture recording methodology.
- Experience and competence with commercial 3D animation software packages preferred, especially Maya, XSI, and Motion Builder.
- Ability to work under deadlines and maintain a welcoming and professional attitude in stressful situations.
- Ability to teach and communicate technical information easily.
- Ability to learn new tasks and facilities quickly.
- Experience in stage performance and animation techniques a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.