Senior Texture Artist
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking Senior Texture Artists to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior Texture Artists are responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Works with production team (Leads and Supervisors) to execute the desired look of CG objects.
- Creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of models.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
- 8+ years of experience in the high-end feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel and portfolio showing knowledge and experience in painting or illustrating
Required Skills / Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
Required Technical Skills
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Experience in UV layout, texture projections, and 2D texture painting in UV layouts
- Strong Katana experience.
- Proficiency in the application and use of textures in one or more 3D applications (Maya strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in Mari, Adobe Photoshop. Zbrush and procedural texture writing experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is required.
Preferred Skills / Experiences
- Modeling skills a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.