Associate VFX Supervisor
The Associate VFX Supervisor is responsible for ensuring work is created to the quality and standards requested by the client and the ILM VFX Supervisor, addressing technical issues, and identifying best practices and approaches as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the ILM VFX Supervisors to ensure all work that comes through ILM Singapore meets client specifications.
- Runs dailies, gives crew direction on shots and assets, aesthetic direction and feedback.
- Develops methodology and approach to show, including how to get work completed efficiently and within show budget
- Lead the crew, provide mentoring, individual training and professional guidance as needed.
- Serves as key creative in bid meetings
- Serves as a mentor within the studio and partners with Talent Management, Production and Training to develop training and guide artists overall professional development.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the individual skills sets of the VFX artists.
- Participate in show and annual performance reviews for the VFX artists.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies - both proprietary and 3rd party applications available on the market.
Education / Experience
- 8-10 years hands-on digital production experience.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a supervisory capacity on several major productions (4-5 years)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Fine Art, or equivalent work experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- A demonstrable blend of technical and artistic skills, preferably with experience as a Technical Director or Digital Artist.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong traditional art skills.
- Reel demonstrating robust high end Feature Film VFX experience.
- Experience with Shake, Nuke, or proprietary equivalent.
- Experience with Maya, 3dsMax, XSI, or proprietary equivalent.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Lighting, Compositing, Digital Matte Painting, Texturing and Modeling
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.