Network engineering and administration for company network infrastructure including firewall rule management, wireless infrastructure management, production systems network infrastructure. Responsibilities will be based largely in our Vancouver and San Francisco offices but support of our other facilities may be required.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, upgrades and support of all network hardware, firewalls, load balancers, VPN systems and all related equipment and services throughout the Lucasfilm and ILM facilities, domestic and international.
In this role, you will participate in developing and maintaining the core design and operations of network services, ensuring the smooth and efficient deployment and execution of network services for use throughout the user base. They will be active in both development projects and service support.
As well as drawing on traditional IT techniques, the team takes advantage of modern DevOps approaches to ensure the availability of services that provide the core foundation of IT that are essential for the smooth operation of our multi-site, award winning film production and visual effects companies.
Primary Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Maintenance and software upgrades of network equipment – both LAN and WAN.
- Diagnose and repair networks and problems associated with switch/routers and hosts providing services.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Configure and troubleshoot the network that supports connectivity to the business' applications.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose advanced network problems.
- Monitor the incident queue and take ownership of issues needing resolution.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management.
- Monitor network logs, alerts and activities to ensure high levels of on-line performance and reliability are obtained within the client/server environment.
- Participate in and perform escalations and triage to resolve service interruptions.
- Participate and respond to after-hours on-call rotations
- B.S. degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in an enterprise IT environment.
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience in network and communications systems.
- Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network equipment and appliances in a multiprotocol environment, including Juniper, Ruckus, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, A10, Arista, Aruba
- Have knowledge of OSPF, BGP & VRF routing concepts.
- Knowledge of WiFi technologies, 802.1x, WPA2
- Familiar with Fabric Path technologies, MPLS, VxLAN, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations.
- Able to troubleshoot VLAN and physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting access-list, NAT issues.
- Have knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, iperf.
- Familiar with Windows, Mac and Linux OS clients including the ability to troubleshoot network configuration and performance issues for those
- Experience with scripting and automation in Python, Powershell, bash or other language
- Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
- Willingness to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others including both technical and non-technical users required.
- Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to efficiently multitask in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with many demands and priorities required.
- Up to 8 hour /day on a computer.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to other campuses as needed.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.