Production Coordinator (TV)
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborate closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team.
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s).
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets.
- Keep a weekly synopsis of your discipline’s accomplishments and next steps.
- If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads.
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Share updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s).
- Be the primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and resolutions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
- Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
- Travel for plate shoots.
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production when on location.
Reports to the Senior Production Manager in Vancouver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week, with daily overtime and some Saturday work required.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.