Manager, Production Finance
Based in our Holborn office, we have a great opportunity for a Manager within Production Finance / Production Analysis to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will have a developed understanding of accountancy and analysis and an advanced understanding of the Visual Effects production process.
Open date: 5th September 2019 - Closing date: 3rd October 2019.
Salary: £75K - 85K
Based: London, Holborn
- Working with global production finance teams to ensure consistency in production reporting & analysis and enforcing best practices
- Partnering with VFX Producers in strategic planning, providing general and specialized analysis
- Overseeing production finance, analysis and forecasting for the UK’s portfolio of projects on a monthly and weekly reporting cycle.
- Development and management of UK production analysts
- Support producers in the bidding process of a project, as well as vetting bids before being sent to a client.
- Manage team of analysts and oversee budget and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) reporting. Work with global teams to ensure consistent reporting and streamlined workflow.
- Produce weekly portfolio report for local and global projects along with analysis.
- Oversee / prepare monthly revenue recognition reports.
- Oversee monthly local & global forecasting reports for projects remaining lifetime
- Assist production and executive production in managing budgets, cost & labour reports.
- Prepare cost analysis and other special reports as needed.
- Assist production with bidding for new projects as well as final financial vetting before bid goes to client.
- Prepare/oversee weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
- Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and make reclassification as required.
- Work with legal to assure local & global contracts are in place, contractual terms are followed, and payment schedules are issued in accordance with best practices.
- Support strategic planning initiatives
- Oversee onboarding, coaching and training of UK Production analysts.
- Maintain UK production accounting records with assistance from team.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Strong and proven analytical skills required.
- Management experience of high level skilled staff required.
- Numerical Degree is strongly encouraged.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask, be resourceful and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience working with large amounts of data and databases; backend database experience desired.
- Proven professional financial experience, some of which gained in a Feature or similar entertainment industry production finance/accounting environment.
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
- Proven background in effectively dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Focused on continuing improvements to the organization.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment.
- Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.