Virtual Production Stage Technician (StageCraft)
Assists both the Virtual Production team and MoCap Supervisor to integrate and upkeep camera tracking hardware with the on set camera department. Responsible for coordinating and carrying out consistent calibration practices with camera to ensure quality data stream between mocap and virtual production departments.
What You'll Do
- Ongoing care and upkeep of Virtual Production and MoCap systems including cameras, tracking objects, cabling and AV signal flow
- Collaborate with camera department on set to carry out calibration workflows between takes or lens changes
- Responsible for working with on set camera department to mount the Virtual Production data tracking hardware during shooting
- Assist with Vicon hardware adjustments as directed by MoCap Lead
- Assist with daily calibration of the volume and calibration of new tracking objects
- Work with the Virtual Production team to troubleshoot video feed, tracking, and calibration issues
- Efficiently communicate any changeover status or camera changes to the Virtual Production team
What We're Looking For
- On set experience, preferably in a camera department role
- Basic Linux, Windows, and OSX configuration skills
- Knowledge of basic motion capture tracking workflows
- Knowledge of basic A/V signal flow
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.