Senior VFX Producer
The ILM Vancouver Senior VFX Producer is responsible for collaborative oversight of bidding and production of Vancouver‐based work as well as partnering with Executive Producer and EIC, Vancouver Studio on ensuring ILM strategies and initiative progress forward. In this client‐facing role, strong client management skill and the ability to represent the studio at the highest level are key responsibilities. Other responsibilities include the proactive problem‐solving and collaboration required for success, with oversight of budgets and schedules, ensuring work is produced to the quality and standards requested by the client on time and on budget, identifying best practices and approaches as needed, while advising on the strategy for potential new work.
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
- Partner with key creatives to develop the show approach plan and provide clients with estimates of budget and schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
- Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
- Serves as Senior‐level Producer on 1‐3 “UNIT” Shows or 1 Primary Vancouver “HUB” Show.
- During production, serve as a Vancouver contact for non‐creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed (Internal=”UNIT SHOW” | external=”HUB SHOW”).
- Responsible for assigned show / scope of Vancouver work P&L.
- Production strategy on ILM Vancouver shows, in partnership with EIC & EP of Vancouver Studio.
- Oversee, monitor, and improve overall production schedule and budget for assigned show(s).
- Brings production issues to the attention of EP, EIC, Production, producers and management as needed; helps to resolve facility issues with ILM Vancouver HR Manager and others, as needed.
- In conjunction with ILM Vancouver Talent Managers, staff productions effectively. In conjunction with ILM Vancouver Talent Managers, staff productions effectively.
- Evaluates EFC’s for assigned projects. Works with assigned producers and production accountants to provide management with early, consistent and accurate EFC reporting.
- Participates in bi‐weekly Production & Tactical Capacity meetings and portfolio meetings as appropriate.
- Evaluates changes in schedule and body of work over the course of active projects and to provide advice on solutions for resource capacity / utilization and complexity challenges.
- Partners with ILM SF, SINGAPORE and LONDON producers to determine communication framework and procedures between productions in appropriate studios.
- Partners with “HUB” Producer(s) to determine specific turnover requirements and to evaluate incoming turnovers.
- Manage crew performance. Supervise assigned production staff, providing timely performance feedback to Production and Artists at studio.
Education / Experience
- 10+ years’ hands‐on digital production experience.
- Proven track record of successfully working in Visual Effects Producer capacity on several major productions at a facility (6+ years).
- Proven track record in bidding and strong client management.
- Proven ability to mentor and lead production teams and producers.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with databases and wide range of production management tools (such as Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, MS Project).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on weekends, depending on show schedules.
- Set‐work may be required.