Production Assistant (TV)
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
- Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
- Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
- Meeting Setup: PA will be tasked with notifying crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes. Act as assistant to the Production Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
- Internal Tracking Database: Will assist Production Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
- Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all VFX elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database).
- Show Schedule: Responsible for overall show calendar in keeping everyone on the same page of what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
- Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
- In charge of the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed (lunch, dinner, weekend), for a crew of 50-150. Conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties, as needed.
- Shipping and receiving (digital): charged with delivering and receiving all files linked between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
- Shipping and receiving (practical): Prep, ship, receive, and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts.
- Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, etc.
- Organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed.
- Required to book travel and accommodations for show leadership.
- Principle handler for all show expense reports.
- Care of show petty cash, and accounting for spending.
Reports to the Senior Production Manager in Vancouver.
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
- Experience from productions in a range of episodic television genres.
- Minimum two years of related experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week, with daily overtime and some Saturday work required.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Excellent computer skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with databases and wide range of production management tools (such as Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, MS Project).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.