Position SummaryThe Comp Supervisor participates in the supervision and direction of a variety of administrative and personnel decisions, responsibilities, and tasks related to the staff and activities of the Compositing group in addition to assuming show/project responsibilities. This position serves as the role model and mentor for the Compositing department, with the goal of fostering a team environment.
- Participates in the supervision and direction of a variety of administrative and personnel decisions and responsibilities including: recruitment, determination of work procedures and priorities, career development, employee morale, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
- Participates in the creation and submission of job bids.
- Assists the department manager with the employee review process and the scheduling of personnel on shows, providing input on skills, productivity, and career development.
- Responsible for honest, timely feedback to Compositing crew members.
- Acts as a point person between Production and Compositing crews, providing timely, clear communication.
- Assemble crew for production, assess individuals skills and delegate work appropriately.
- Responsible for problem solving and communicating issues organizationally, logistically and technically.
- Attends show “post mortem” meetings, designing and implementing streamlined processes where applicable.
- Assumes Compositing project/show responsibilities as required.
- Composite feature effects shots utilizing ILM proprietary software.
- Take a lead roll in effect design to take advantage of software capabilities.
- Consult with Effects Supervisors to ensure their understanding of the compositing system.
- Supervise and train less experienced compositing artist.
- Responsible for fostering a team environment.
- Responsible for all aspects of 2D compositing.
- Assesses work for a shot and is responsible for its completion.
- Coordinates and combines work of Roto Artists, Matte Painters and 3D Technical Directors.
- Is able to perform all tasks necessary to complete a shot; including matte extraction, painting, roto, 2D motion, compositing and use of ancillary 2 1/2 D programs.
Education / Experience
- 5+ years of Compositing experience
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of matte extraction, painting, roto, 2D motion, compositing and use of ancillary 2 ½ D programs.
- Working knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
- Artistic Ability
- Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, color and motion
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.