ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Training Coordinator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Training Coordinator's primary emphasis is working with the global Studio Talent Group and Artist Management to support the training and education needs of employees. Services as a liaison and resources for trainees globally, local training team and coordination of all training needs.
- Coordinates and performs general administrative and support duties for the Studio Talent Group, including working with the Global STG teams to schedule courses and course attendees; scheduling conference rooms, classrooms, and theaters; researching and coordinating equipment moves/purchases and repairs/replacements; and maintaining records of e-mail and other training requests.
- Coordinates Production training programming, including on-boarding and professional development classes.
- Serves as a liaison between trainees and the training staff, observing and communicating training needs and feedback to STG Leadership.
- Prepares and orients new hires to the tech environment. Works with Talent Managers, trainers and mentors to establish training schedule for new hires.
- Updates the Studio Talent Group website as needed.
- Sends out weekly training update to Studio Talent Group alias.
- Ensures instructional spaces are well-maintained and all equipment is functioning properly. Offers troubleshooting and technical support when needed.
- Maintains training class database and calendar making sure all courses and events are entered and accounted for. Assists in the creation of reports and schedules for managers and department personnel.
- Coordinates Enrichment training programming, scheduling sculpting and drawing classes as well as other artistic classes.
- Assists with special projects as needed, including preparations for such events as the Speaker Series, Weeklies, and Disgraph.
- Supports The Jedi Academy junior talent programs including Internships and Apprenticeships, as needed.
- Supports New Hire Orientation scheduling, content and facilitation.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree is advantageous
- At least 2 years of working experience in a fast paced, international environment
- Experience within film production/post production and computer graphics preferred
Required Skills / Competencies
- Exceptional organisational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with diverse personalities
- Keen eye for detail, highly proactive and able to remain calm under pressure
- Strong proficiency in G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced in coordinating events, projects, or large groups of people
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.