A show Production Manager (“PM”) reports to a project’s VFX Producer. The PM partners with the VFX Producer regarding all aspects of the show’s production: show schedule, bidding/re-bidding, budget, on-going reports, workflow, crewing, organization, communication and – when applicable – client interaction.
- Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Talent managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
- In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines and capitalizing on external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
- Acts as liaison between client side Production team and ILM Production team.
- In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Partner with Producer in overseeing roles/responsibilities for Productions Coordinators and Production Assistants.
- Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- In partnership with VFX Producer, VFX Supervisor, and CG Supervisor, assist in facilitating overall setup of Project (“Show”) pipeline and toolsets.
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
- Manage communication between other ILM global sites.
- Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged.
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check Financials to make sure work is on budget.
- Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable.
- Supervise, delegate to, and consult on creation of training plan for Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistant(s).
- Special projects as requested
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 7 years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX. Familiarity with Google Suite is favourable.
- Strong scheduling experience required.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Display previous experience in building strong working relationships
- Strong influencing and partnership skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.