Senior Animators are responsible for creating high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Animation Supervisors.
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs.
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor.
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team
- Reports to the Talent Manager, Animation and receives daily oversight and direction from the Animation Supervisor/Lead.
Education / Experience
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR
- At least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
- Completion of a minimum of two years as a Mid-Level Animator in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- Proficiency with Linux desired.
- Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.