Project Manager, Systems Technology - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for a Project Manager for IT Systems Technology who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Project Manager for IT Systems Technology provides Portfolio and Program management for the Systems Engineering group and IT Operations as a whole. Partnering closely with all IT managers, project managers and leads, they will establish an overall portfolio / program of IT projects for ILM and will also manage their own project requirements, plans and schedules. The IT Project Manager will provide consistent reporting to all groups regarding the status of IT tasks/projects across the portfolio on an ongoing basis and they will ensure completion of projects through resource planning, coordination and issue tracking and resolution.
What you’ll do
- Manage a portfolio of IT team projects from a Program Management standpoint. This includes working with other Managers and Project Managers to include their status, deliverables, milestones as well as managing your own set of projects.
- Manage the Prioritization/Greenlight process for new IT projects including approval, resourcing and graduation into the official portfolio of Systems projects. Partner with IT Managers, Leads, to set priorities, allocate resources, and track projects from design through to implementation.
- Work with the Director, Technology Ops & Proj Mgmt and the VP, Technology to either ensure team alignment with global company goals or advocate for strategic adjustments.
- Foster global collaboration and communication across Systems, Software and Production teams.
- Ensure completion of projects through resource planning, coordination, troubleshooting and removal of any obstacles preventing project success.
- Establish and maintain project plans, hold status meetings. Maintain, update, and publish an ongoing issues list.
- Forecast and subsequently manage ongoing project budgets.
- Evaluate and streamline the process of each project implementation: facilitate Post-Mortem meetings and incorporate the lessons learned into future project management endeavors.
- Ensure support plans and handover is performed prior to releasing new technologies into production.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably technical with portfolio or program management responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Proven ability to ensure completion of objectives and assignments.
- Strong leadership skills. Experience with financial forecasting, and cost-benefit analysis
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently, work with diverse personalities, and work within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve in a high-paced creative environment which requires constraint, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Exceptional team player, able to collaborate closely across multiple departments and business units with all individuals while demonstrating skills in diplomacy, flexibility, and patience.
- Experience in Film/Entertainment/Games production environment is a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.