Technology Project Manager
This position can either be based out of our London, San Francisco, or Vancouver Studio.
We are looking for a Technology Project Manager who will manage Global technology software development projects staffed from across our five studios’ Engineering teams.
If you have a passion for VFX Technology and a strong desire to lend order to chaos with a knack for simplifying complex processes, we’d love to talk with you!
What You’ll Do
- Manage the software development roadmaps and projects for ILM’s artist tools and artist pipelines in one or more discipline
- Assist in the process of gathering and prioritizing project requirements in collaboration with leadership and team members
- Partner with Technology and Production leadership to set project direction and translate production strategy into a development plan
- Define, develop, manage and document project schedules/milestones, proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan for contingencies due to production-related risks
- Provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance goals against technical constraints to negotiate release schedules
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships which enable the group to look forward and plan interdepartmental tasks without friction
- Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the development cycle
- Coordinate project progress through effective meetings, use of Jira, and collaboration with technology leadership
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years’ project management experience in VFX production, gaming, or software development
- Practiced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, ideally including experience managing Agile software development
- Solid understanding of complex pipelines and distributed computer platforms
- An intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment
- A readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice
- An ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
- An ability to listen intently and interpret engineer and artist needs
- An insightful and analytical approach to thinking, and a keen ability to creatively problem solve
- Nice to have:
- Detailed, methodical and data driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage time effectively, and juggle multiple priorities
- Experience using Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with macOS and Linux operating systems is a plus
- Familiarity with Machine Learning/AI applications in VFX is a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.