Responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
Ability to run flesh-surface, hair, rigid sim, crowd, and/or cloth simulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide rigging and enveloping in Maya for various vehicles, characters, and creatures
- Run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, or muscle simulations
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Mentor entry level artists
- Special projects as necessary
Key Peers or Relationships:
Key Creatives, Show Production, Department Talent Manager
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials
- Experience running simulation shot work and creating simulation setups
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with python scripting and C++
- Good communication skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.