ILMxLAB Associate Experience Designer (Level/Content Designer)
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
The Associate Experience Designer is a key member of the Game Design team. This designer will be solving problems associated with implementation of assets into our games. Ideal candidates are comfortable with the more technical aspects of game design and are analytical thinkers.
You will partner with our world-class art and creative teams to ensure assets are integrated seamlessly in the engine and adhere to our quality and performance benchmarks.
We are looking for a designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great storytelling that define ILM and ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences.
- Work with artists to ensure assets, data, and other content are integrated into the build while ensuring quality, performance, and stability
- Manage & track content-related deliverables
- Follow design reference and interpret / optimize for experience
- Diagnose and fix any and all issues related to asset or data configuration
- Playtest and provide regular feedback to optimize workflow or improve on our experiences
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, and estimates with leads as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
What We're Looking For
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in entertainment design, game design, interaction design, new media design, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of professional experience as a game/level designer, asset/content integrator, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Works well with direction, but is also self-motivated and will seek out solutions to unexpected problems
- Previous, professional experience working with game engines, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, systems, and implementing work into the pipeline
- Proficient with at least one game engine: Unreal Engine, Unity, or equivalent
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.