ILMxLAB Production Assistant
We are looking for a supportive and proactive team member who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
Production Assistants provide overall administrative and project management support to the production team at ILMxLAB.
What You’ll Do
- Lead daily production activities such as stand-ups/scrum, assist in production tasks and errands, and be the go-to person for general needs of the crew
- Schedule internal and external meetings (off-sites, conference calls, Cinesyncs, etc.); book resources and acquire materials for meetings; work to assemble attendees for a timely start of meetings; monitor department calendar and mitigate schedule conflicts
- Set up space and equipment for meetings and reviews; troubleshoot conference room/review station issues to ensure timely start and smooth operation during meeting/review
- Handle physical and digital deliveries of project files, equipment and information; record and track all delivery details
- Ensures reference files are organized and saved in proper locations with proper naming conventions on the network; maintains online file repositories (box.com, Google Drive, etc.)
- Keep project task boards and tracking databases updated under the guidance of the Production Manager/Production Coordinator
- Partner with the Production Coordinator and other production team members with note taking, distributing project information, and project research/information gathering
- Create and maintain various production documents, including department intranet pages, onboarding documents, training/how-to manuals, crew/client/vendor contact lists, etc.
- Liaise to the Art Department to order physical prints of artwork when needed
- Organize production travel and complete expense reports. Handle purchase requests as needed and general support/requests for projects and xLAB studio
- Maintain ILMxLAB space and equipment inventory in functioning order. Work with other departments to obtain help and resources as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of professional production experience in Games, Software Development, Feature Animation, Visual FX, Animated Television, or applicable entertainment industries
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and in-person)
- Experience with JIRA, Shotgrid, or equivalent task/bug/issue tracking software
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to anticipate issues or concerns
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, while meeting hard deadlines
- Must be willing to work adjusted hours when necessary
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
- Bonus points for:
- Experience or interest in the creation of Virtual Reality and Augmented/Mixed Reality experiences
- Passion for playing and making games
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.