Senior Digital Paint Artist
The Senior Digital Paint Artist restores background plates and creates digital articulate mattes.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate a strong eye for color and grain structures with the ability to match saturation, hues and black points from multiple sources to create a cohesive final montage
- Able to break shots down into individual components with little supervision
- Easily assimilate feedback given by supervisors
- Research appropriate references including continuity with like shots. Proactively shares this information with team
- Demonstrate a keen eye for recognizing paint artifacts, sharpness and color issues
- Able to handle complex shots with heavy motion blur, lots of layers, etc.
- Ability to use a combination of techniques when dealing with tricky wire removals and clean plates
- Demonstrate a basic ability to do “paint on comp” work to a high level of quality
- Working knowledge of color correction and Grain pipeline in Nuke
- Ability to use layout and DM cameras in Nuke
- Ability to export track points between multiple toolsets
- Working knowledge of stereo compositing pipeline
- Demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills
- Take ownership and responsibility of shot. Proactively offer options and find own solutions for production problems.
- Actively work across departments in shot groups. Provide updates to production and other artists on shot progress
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Experience with Silhouette and Nuke
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts
- Must have an understanding how their work fits into the pipeline and it’s effect on upstream and downstream departments
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.