Senior Previs Animator
Senior Previs Animators collaborate closely with the Previs Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to design and create shots and sequences ensuring the Director and Clients vision are met through dynamic camera movement, animation, composition, staging, lighting and editing.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for one or more of the following areas:
- Storyboarding: Development of either hand drawn or maya based storyboards.
- Asset Dev: modeling, texturing, shading of assets.
- Set Dressing: Preparation of environments for animation and layout.
- Rigging: Development of in-shot pipeline compatible rig solutions.
- Animation+Layout: Designing and animating shots over an entire sequence.
- Lighting+Rendering: Preparation of low tech, fast render aesthetic solutions.
- Tool Dev: Creation of tools to assist the previs team.
- Editing: Compiling of sequences + sound design within Adobe Premiere.
- Troubleshoot assets and shots, continually looking for and suggesting improvements to increase overall efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Comfortable switching into a sequence lead roll when necessary and giving feedback to other Animators.
- Capable of switching between quality levels of anim from rough blocking & staging to higher polish if and when necessary.
- Able to contribute or interested in developing generalist skills to elevate the aesthetic of the previs, including basic modeling, lighting, rigging, fx, etc.
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with other departments across ILM.
- Demonstrate flexibility with iterative process.
Reports to the CG Talent Manager, works under Previs Supervisor.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- 3+ years of experience in visual effects and/or feature animation film.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proficiency with Linux and Maya.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience in animation, previs and/or layout.
- A reel demonstrating strong creative and technical ability in photo-realistic 3D with a focus on animation, previs or layout; basic competency in modeling, texturing, lighting, camera, layout and rendering.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Basic knowledge of Nuke, Mari, Arnold, V-Ray, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Experience in modeling, rigging, texturing and lighting.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.